Outsourcing to Bangladesh
The ICT and BPO sector in Bangladesh has grown considerably in recent years. Today, it counts more than 1500 registered service providers employing over 250000 ICT professionals. The country is amongst the top emerging ICT outsourcing destinations specialized in mobile services and applications, as well as in graphic-design execution services (image editing, banner creation). Bangladesh is mentioned in the AT Kearney’s 'Global Services Location Index' and in Gartner’s list of 'Leading Locations for Offshore Services'. The local companies provide high-quality, globally cost-competitive ‘boutique style’ services, standing out through profound expertise in the mobile industry. There is evidence of many global players like Samsung, AMD or Rocket Internet setting up operations in Bangladesh.
GPI Consultancy was already involved with Bangladesh arounf the year 2000, when we assisted the first Dutch company to set up office in Dhaka. We also worked with other Dutch firms, wrote articles and we organised a number of seminars and ICT-missions to Dhaka as well. We were involved in Bangladesh-related projects of the Dutch CBI (Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing countries) and the NTFII- en NTFIII-projects of ITC (International Trade Centre), Genève.
What we have to say about Bangladesh (in English):
- Handbook Information Technology - section on Bangladesh (Cambridge University Press) - Paul Tjia, Erran Carmel
- Bangladeshi software developer wins over Dutch clients after matchmaking event - ITC News
- Bangladesh: a world of opportunities with challenges - BoP Innovation Center
- The Software Industry in Bangladesh and its Links to The Netherlands - Paul Tjia, EJISDC
Dutch ICT outsourcing mission to Bangladesh (Dhaka, February 2012) - GPI Consultancy
Impression of an IT-mission to Dhaka (Bangladesh, February 2011) - GPI Consultancy
Dutch ICT outsourcing mission to Bangladesh (Dhaka, February 2011) - GPI Consultancy
- Ten BASIS members took part in matchmaking sessions in Amsterdam - BASIS, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh indicates to ICT services Dutch SMEs - Varsity Edo Info
- BangladeshNEXT: interview with Dutch outsourcing expert Paul Tjia (about the assets he thinks Bangladesh can show-case and the fastest route to market).
Interested in exploring Bangladesh?
Contact us in case you are interested in exploring outsourcing to Bangladesh. We can connect you with a number of qualified ICT companies, selected through projects of the Dutch CBI (Center for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and the NTFII- and NTFIII-projects of ITC (International Trade Centre, Geneva). We also have contacts with BASIS (Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services). We can also organize your ICT-studytour to Bangladesh (including free of charge hotelaccomodation in Dhaka).